Make sure to look at the nutritional facts on the chickpeas can first. Don’t be like me and eat the whole can after you’ve roasted and then decide to look at how many calories there are!
These are SO easy and quick. They are quite fabulous by themselves, but also make excellent salad toppers.
- 1 can of chickpeas
- 2 tbps olive oil
- 1 tsp. turmeric
- 1 tsp. cumin
- 1 tsp. paprika
- 1 tsp. dried oregano
- cayenne pepper
- Preheat oven to 400°F
- Open chickpea can, drain, rinse and dry with towel
- Remove any outer skin that has shedded from the chickpeas during the rinsing and drying process
- Combine olive oil with spices in bowl
- Stir in chickpeas
- Place in oven on baking sheet
- Bake for 25-30 min with a 3 min broil at the end (or until golden brown).